Scene 1- -Fade in to an over the shoulder shot of a worker talking to his employer. -Employer: "I'm sorry, but this just isn't going to work out." -Employer hands the worker a termination paper. Scene 2- -Worker walks down the stairs and covers his face with his hand as he stops. A low camera angle of a medium shot will be used in this scene. -Worker: "Rent...it's due in three days." Scene 3- -Establishing shot of the worker next to his car, looking at his workplace building for the last time. The camera will tilt up from the ground. -A cut is used to display the worker at a high angle, next to his car. -Worker: "Why was I the one...?" -The worker looks at his termination slip. Scene 4- -The worker is in the car, on the phone with his mother. -As the worker speaks, the camera pans down to the car's screen, displaying a call. -Worker: "Please I just need a little more to get me through this month!" -Mother: "Enough is enoug...
-Found on Art of the Title What titles are displayed in the opening sequence? The titles in this sequence are presented in order of production company, with the company that the movie belongs to going first. In this respect, the opening sequence is rather short. It only shows the movie's respective production company, then the movie's title. What images are prioritized in the opening sequence? This opening sequence only has one image. The image of waves crashing on the rock and displaying each title card is the only one used, but it works very well for the tone of the movie. The image after the waves is a house in the distance, so limiting the images used in the opening sequence is a technique used by the director. What connotations do these images carry? The images of waves crashing do not carry much connotations at all. It is the lighting used in this sequence that pulls together its tone. The scary theme of the movie perfectly matches twilight. The image of water ...
"Ready or Not" is a thriller set in the classic mansion scene. This movie utilizes a setting very common to horror and thriller films, a dark and foreboding environment. Some of the elements I appreciate and hope to use are in this film. These include low lighting, non-diegetic sound effects, and an overall depressing presence. In my opening sequence, my vision is to include features like these to create a suspenseful environment. This vision can change however, and the reason for this would be the translation from idea to product. I may not want all of these features once I see the final product, and this has been accounted for. However, I have high hopes for the vision that has been made thus far. Some parts of the film that I will not include in my opening sequence, but was interested in nonetheless, included the following. The use of weapons, added a feeling of violence and risk to the film. The theme of "hide and go seek" really made the audience feel like th...
Comments
Post a Comment