Finalizing the Editing Process



 Last blog, my final changes to the project were explained. However, my changes made during my second editing session have not been described. After I had completed my second editing session, I was able to say that I had completely finished my project. This editing process has been extremely long and difficult, and this was for two reasons. One, because this is the longest project I have edited so far, and this means that more time will have to be sunk into a larger project. Two, this project has required the most digital effects out of all of the projects so far. While it may not seem like adding titles is a lot of work, the difficulty in working with the editing software is extremely present. For example, titles in iMovie cannot be added to the scene in any way that the editor desires. It must be placed into the film with the "specialized" titles that the software has, and these titles will often carry their own properties, such as predetermined transitions. However, after much work and time spent into editing, my project has finally come out the way it was supposed to. In fact, the vision came out in the film even better than I thought it would. The goals I had for my second editing session were to finish the titles, and cut the scenes to size. In essence, I was putting the final touches. For this reason, this editing session was easier than the first one. The titles went on smoothly, and I had found a method for putting in titles wherever I want on the screen. This involves using a free website that can synthesize a title, and add a transparent background. With this method, editing became much easier, and faster. After cutting some of the scenes to size, and making some small sound adjustments, my second editing process was finished. Surprisingly, this was a satisfying conclusion to editing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Editing Process

Film Review

Finalizing the Commercial