Changes Made From My Film Review



 In my last blog, I discussed the process of editing and revising my project. The rest of this process is still going to be explained, however I am going to use this blog to explain something I did recently. As I have discussed before, the opening sequence was reviewed by a friend of mine, and they were able to give me some insight as to how fix my film. With this blog, I would like to explain what I did to correct the issues that were found in my project. The rest of the editing process will still be explained, however I am excited to express the changes made to my project. The first issue that I had to correct was the audio. With the feedback given, I was now aware that my project needed to have the song placed in a different scene. This was an easy change, as I could just slide the song via drag and drop into the place I wanted to. Unlike the music video, there is not much use in lining up the scenes to the audio, so the song could be in whichever position I chose. After doing this, I verified that the song was an appropriate length, and that it did not feel rushed. The next issue I had decided to take care of was the darkness. After hearing the positive feedback from my friend that stated the darkness was good for the genre, I had watched the opening sequence again with this in mind. After doing this, I had thought that the project's overall tone was still too light, and most thriller movies are not shot in this lighting. Even though some movies like "Old" are shot in bright environments, I want the audience to feel a sense of a depressing day, so I wanted it to be darker. In order to achieve this, I used the iMovie's feature of filters. iMovie has many filters to choose from, so it was easy to find one that best suited the film. After finding a light filter, I decided that would be a good choice for my film. Finally, the last thing that I had decided to change on my project based on my film review was the fade to white. As stated before, the fade to white did not line up with the opening door. In order to fix this, I used the transition and moved it to the desired area. With this, I have completed the changes from my film review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Editing Process

Film Review

Finalizing the Commercial