Film Review



At this point, I have finished all editing for my project. However, rather than focus on the editing for this blog, I would like to talk about my film review. After finishing all my editing, I had decided that I was going to show my project to a friend. By doing this, I was able to gain insight on my project and how it would seem to a random viewer. In addition to this, I also asked this friend what they thought the genre of my opening sequence would be if they had to guess. I will share their feedback in this blog, and later I will share the editing process. The first thing that my friend had offered some input on was audio. After showing them the opening sequence, they quickly told me that the music that was in the opening sequence fit the scene, however it started at a point in which the music would end quickly, and that it would be better off if I had started the music at an earlier scene. This makes sense, and as I was being told this there was something important that I realized. When working on a project like this, it is always important to get an outsider's opinion. I came to this realization because in practice, my audio that I had put in sounded good to me, and I assumed that it fit the scene, and started to focus my attention on other parts of the film. Therefore, without this outsider information, it would be hard to know if your project has these kinds of mistakes. The next input offered by my friend was an approval of the dark setting. Since the character in this movie is in a bad place, my friend had stated that it makes sense that the lighting would go from bright to foreboding and dark. In addition, they had stated that the dark lighting had fit the character's declining mood. The last piece of advice that my friend offered was to change the fade to white in last scene. According to them, the door opening did not exactly correspond to the fade to white. With this help, I will be able to adjust my project accordingly. And lastly, the genre that my friend suggested that this movie would be about was in fact, thriller. This was great news to me, as I was hoping that they would see characteristics of thriller and immediately know what genre to choose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Editing Process

Finalizing the Commercial